Thursday, August 27, 2009

Recent revelations and sub-revelations

  • Adults shouldn't have to say words like "panini," "sammy," or "yummy."
  • If you think you're good enough, maybe you'll be just that. If you think you aren't, maybe you can be great.
    • Here are the particular memories which have led me to this startling conclusion:
      • When I tried out for the track team in 10th grade I was sprinting, and then suddenly for the first time ever asked myself if I could go any faster, and found out that I could, a lot.
      • When I was in 4th or so grade I was in music class and was singing along all bored when I realized by controlling my throat and mouth I could actually sing the actual pitches I had theretofore falsely imaginined myself to be singing.
  • Somehow every previous time I listened to Bach's St. Matthew's Passion I just thought it was "pretty good."
    • Bach, as I have recently been told, as paraphrased by me, said writing invertible counterpoint was easy-- he would just talk to God and write down the conversation.
      • Bob Uecker, on the other hand, said catching a knuckleball is easy-- all you have to do is wait until it stops rolling and pick it up.
      • Charlie Lau, on the other other hand, said there were two theories on hitting the knuckleball, but unfortunately neither of them works.
  • Doing the dishes is actually pretty easy, plus then you have something clean to put your food on.
    • Example: eggs.
  • The right music, editing, and narration can make you feel sorry for planemos that have been kicked out of their solar systems by gravitational conflicts.
    • "...They're by themselves" -- a real honest-to-God scientist, not some wistful poet.

2 comments:

Matthew Frederick said...

planemosexual.

DLR BLT said...

YUMMY SAMMY HAGAR PANINI IN CABO