Saturday, August 08, 2009

The local farmers' market: fuck it

I finally got my ass out of bed early enough to go to the little farmer's market in my neighborhood, all excited to buy some basics and maybe some bacon or something. But no. All the food is twice as expensive as the grocery store. That is not why I go to a farmers' market. That is the opposite of why I go to a farmers' market. I guess some people do though, because it was packed with people and dogs, despite the heat. Guess I'm stuck riding to the big one, where I can get three onions for a buck and some asparagus for 75 cents, instead of almost tripping over six dogs so I can not pay four dollars for a tiny purple potato.

2 comments:

Matthew Frederick said...

Sounds like it's the "7-11" of farmer's markets. Or, better yet, the "kickball" of farmer's markets.

... said...

yuppies.