Saturday, October 25, 2008

Dear Burrito from Saturday afternoon,

I will be the first to admit, I went into this with some trepidation. I mean, I knew I had this empty feeling, I knew I needed something to help me feel whole again. But I've been hurt before, and consider myself in a somewhat fragile state after being run through the wringer just last night. So forgive me if I seemed less than enthusiastic when you first suggested yourself to me this evening. Please don't take it personally. As the late, great Billy Joel (wait, what's that? He's not dead? Well, you know what I mean.) once sang,

I had second thoughts at the start
I said to myself
Hold on to your heart
Now I know the [burrito] that you are
You're wonderful so far
And it's more than I hoped for

I don't care what consequence it brings
I have been a fool for lesser things
I want you so bad
I think you ought to know that
I intend to [eat] you for [about seven minutes]

Sincerely,
Matty Lite

No comments: