Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Cheddar & Rye

This isn't a sandwich, but a cocktail. I invented it. Last night. It goes like this:

  • Buy a bottle of Old Overholt (it is the manliest looking bottle on the shelf) and an econo-sized block of sharp cheddar cheese.
  • Put an ice cube in a cup.
  • Pour some rye in that same cup.
  • Break off (don't get a knife dirty for this) a pretty huge hunk of the cheese.
  • Drink the whiskey; eat the cheese.

Figure 12: The Manliest Bottle on the Shelf


Ok, I guess it isn't a cocktail. It's just cheap rye on the rocks and a hunk of cheese. What. You got a problem with that?

4 comments:

Pancake Master said...

Old Overholt is good stuff for sure. And indeed, so manly! Surely there's a manlier cheese than cheddar to go with it?

Unknown said...

I'm thinkin' maybe pepper jack?

Pancake Master said...

That comes pretty close. I think the NAME of "Monterey Jack" is manlier, but the actual cheese of Pepper Jack is manlier. It's like takin' a big bite o' nacho cheese in solid form, baby. Heckfire, I want some now.

Relatedly: Did you ever watch CHIP 'N' DALE RESCUE RANGERS? I always found it hilarious that the character named "Monterey Jack" A)was a mouse, cuz of course mice love cheese, AM I RIGHT? and B)had an Australian accent. Good ol' MONTEREY JACK, named after a city in CALIFORNIA and a businessman from that city, with the AUSTRALIAN accent. Now THAT's MANLY!

Unknown said...

I don't know, the Bulleit bottle is pretty manly. Frontier whiskey, after all. So says the bottle