Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Dear would-be guacamole makers who don't have any lemon or lime juice but DO have some frozen lemonade concentrate,

Listen: I had an avocado, and some chips, so naturally I figured I'd make me a little guac. Now I know everybody's got a way to make it, but for me it is mainly a matter of avocados and salt. Sure, if I have some garlic I'll put that in there, some cilantro or some sour cream or even some tomatoes or onions or something. But I had none of that on hand. The one thing I thought I did have was some lemon or lime juice, which I like for guacamole, because it makes it not turn brown so fast (I think maybe this has to do with.. science...?). This is where my terrible mistake happened. I had no lemon juice, but I had a little lemonade concentrate in the freezer (you know, to make lemonade with). I thought, sure, it's sweet, but it also has lemon juice, right? So if I just use a little it won't be so bad?

Fuckin' WRONG, my friends. That shit tasted like lemon cupcakes. It was so gross, even my pride (which makes me eat just the most awful shit if I'm the one who cooked it) made it so I could only dip like four chips in there and tell myself it wasn't that bad before myself was like, it IS that bad, and I just threw that bullshit away.

DON'T DO IT.

Sincerely,
Matty Lite

3 comments:

Matthew Frederick said...

Lemon cupcake guacamole? Gross. Grody. To the max.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Sync-bro-nicity. I once did the same thing, only with margarita mix. Bad idea.

Anyway, lately I've just been dumping a little salsa in there. That's quick and easy, and tasty.

e said...

it's not that hard to screw up guac. i did the same thing using bottled lemon juice. crap-o-la. i think you gotta steer clear of lemons altogether. limes all the way. and you should never put sour cream in either!