Friday, April 18, 2008

What in the hell--a motherfucking earthquake.

There was an earthquake here last night around 4 AM (yes, last night, and fuck you for being one of those people who gets all self-righteous and tries to tell me 4 AM is techically today, that's not how I use those words). It was 5.2 on the Richter scale. That means nothing to me, I'll have to consult some 'Fornians and see if that gets any respect. But I can tell you it was confusing as hell. First I thought a truck was going by. Then I thought the janky upstairs back porch was finally falling off the building. Then I thought my upstairs neighbor was having a kind of sex I didn't know was even possible. Then I thought maybe there was a tornado. Then I thought it might be an earthquake. Then in my grogginess I became convinced it was the shockwave from a huge explosion, perhaps nuclear, perhaps in NY or somewhere, perhaps some terrorists who decided to kill the pope, since I think I saw him on the front page of the paper, which probably means he is coming to America? I couldn't sleep so I turned on the radio and found out it was an earthquake. Then I found out that the most boring thing in the world is to listen to people call and talk about a mild earthquake. There's really just not that much to say.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exactly which upstairs neighbor did you think it was?

Anonymous said...

5.1 earthquakes are for sissies.

Also, the earth hates the pope.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.