Wednesday, April 09, 2008

I guess I been meanin' to learn a little geometry.



I'm gonna go buy a compass and protractor and just go to town with Euclid's Elements. I feel like if you are a man, and you like geometry, you have to do that, at least once. You must do it alone. You can't take anything with you. Except your compass and protractor. And I suppose some paper, pencils, maybe some gatorade and beef jerky in case you get hungry. You have to just work through the whole thing in order, just work through it real slow and hand-draw out all the figures and proofs even when they seem obvious.

I don't know, I guess I just got excited reading about Reuleaux triangles and toruses and tetrahelixes and such, plus there is the matter of this beloved Achewood strip.

I will let you know how it goes. I will tell you how smart it makes me feel. I will tell you if it makes me lose weight and develop a healthy glow to the skin on my face and also my back.

1 comment:

Matthew Frederick said...

Nerd! Nerd! Nerd! Nerd! Nerd! Nerd! Nerd! Nerd! Nerd! Nerd! Nerd! Nerd! Nerd! Nerd! Nerd! Nerd! Nerd! Nerd!