Thursday, February 23, 2006

who's next?


The other day a friend and I were listening to Neil Diamond's 12 Songs. It got us to thinking: now that Rick Rubin has so successfully squeezed out some hidden remaining greatness from both Johnny Cash and Neil Diamond, who's next? It has to be someone who was once awesome and has fallen somewhat in their older age-- that's the rule. No, not Springsteen. Not Neil Young. Maybe John Mellencamp, but only if he changes his name back to John Cougar. Ok, maybe John Lydon. What's that? Leonard Cohen? I don't know about that one.

I think our best idea was Deborah Harry. Imagine it. It's great, isn't it? We should start some kind of petition.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

do we still have to be alive? my legs!

Anonymous said...

hey, if not, I already called nexties on that shit, buddy. get back in that big iron lung in the sky.

Anonymous said...

god damnit, that was me, no anonymous. by the way, it was also me who wrote lots of those damn Beatles songs. Damnit.

Anonymous said...

rick rubin -- that crazy muslim!

debbie harry would be awesome. what about adam ant? or, um, um, um, um, i don't know